JUNE (Two E.R's [Early Returns] to Ploesti) 27th [24th]
(2) M/Y VESCES HUNGARY encountered heavy flak, feathered #
3 engine. Snuffy [Everett Frank] dropped thru doors.
JULY (2) 3rd GIURGU, ROMANIA - oil storage
encountered heavy, intense, accurate flak 2 planes went down 14 men bailed
(1) 4th PITESTI, ROMANIA - rail road bridge
dropped thru doors no flak (very light)
(1) 6th TOULON, FRANCE submarine pens heavy
intense accurate flak
(2) 7th ZAGREB, YUGOSLAVIA marshalling yards
heavy intense flak
(2) 8th MARKERSDORF, AUSTRIA (Vienna Area)
airdrome one rocket burst right off tail.
(1) 22nd PLOESTI, ROMANIA Romano-American oil
refineries intense flak no bombs another formation in way.
(2) 26th MARKERSDORF/DUSSELDORF, AUSTRIA (Vienna
Area) airdrome; alternate Daimler-Benz aircraft intense flak fighters in
AUGUST (1) 3rd BOLZANO, ITALY (Brenner Pass) Ora rail
road bridge intense flak but inaccurate.
(1) 5th [6th] TOULON, FRANCE
submarine pens didn't quite make target. #4 went out landed at Corsica
(1) 13th TOULON, FRANCE Coastal defense gun
positions no flak.
(1) 14th GENOA, ITALY Coastal defense gun
positions intense accurate flak
(Southern France invasion came off today Aug 15 44)
(2) 22nd VIENNA, AUSTRIA Labau oil refineries
17 holes in ship worst flak encountered yet. ME-109's encountered.
(1) 26th GIURGU/RUSCHUK, ROMANIA Ferry boat on
(1) 28th MISKOLC, HUNGARY Main marshalling
yards moderate flak.
SEPTEMBER (1) 4th [3rd] TORINO [TRENTO], ITALY
(Brenner Pass) marshalling yards moderate accurate flak 1 plane went down
(1) 6th LESKOVAC, YUGOSLAVIA marshalling yards
35,000 troops were concentrated there.
(1) 13th ORA, ITALY railroad bridge (Brenner
Pass) no flak.
16th fractured heel D.N.I.F. [Duty Not
LT. RAE [Rhea] got wounded Oct. 7
Cast removed Oct. 23rd
OCTOBER (2) 9th PLOESTI, ROMANIA Ploesti oil refineries
heavy, intense, accurate flak.
(1) 12th THEOULE, FRANCE (Toulon Area) rail road
viaduct intense flak along coast feathered # 3 landed at Rome for fuel.
(1) 14th BUDAPEST/FERENCVAROS, HUNGARY main
marshalling yds. escort kept fighter off. Witnessed 1 FW-190 go down.
(2)(single) 15th PLOESTI, ROMANIA
Romano-American oil refineries heavy, intense accurate flak Lead ship (Col
Snaith) went down. Lost another one near home.
(2) 20th FRIEDRICKSHAFEN/LOWENTHAL, GERMANY
airdrome 72 A.A. guns reported heavy intense accurate flak 450 enemy
fighters were sent up against us. 100% bombing.
DECEMBER (2) 3rd LINTZ, AUSTRIA industrial area heavy
flak - very low on gas 60 gals. left after landing.
(2) 15th [16th] INSBRUK, AUSTRIA
early return MYERS [Pilot, Arthur Myers]
(2) 16th [15th] ROSENHIEM, GERMANY
(Munich Area) heavy flak.
(Walde lost on Vis)
(2) 17th WELS, AUSTRIA/GERMANY moderate
accurate flak marshalling yards.
(2) 20th SALZBURG, GERMANY (Munich Area)
marshalling yards moderate accurate flak.
(2) 25th INSBRUK, GERMANY main marshalling
yards moderate accurate flak MYERS [Arthur] 345 (RAMP RAT) LAST MISSION CHRISTMAS DAY
This information was written in 1944 during the war Notes added later are in brackets [ ]